What’s the best self-care treat after a long working week? The list can be long, but relaxation massage is definitely on top of this list. We often view relaxation massage as a one-time procedure that helps reduce stress and get refreshed. True, relaxation massage does destress us and refuels our energy but there are more benefits to relaxation massages that you know.
1. Posture and Muscle Pain : It’s safe to say that in the 21st century a good deal of people works in offices which entails a lot of sitting and staring at the computer screen. Being physically inactive affects our bodies in ways that we can’t even imagine. As a result, we notice change in our posture and experience muscle pains in different areas of our bodies. Well, the good news is consistent relaxation massage therapy can help us maintain good posture and get rid of muscle pain.
2 Deeper Sleep : According to a recent study published by the American Massage Therapy Association, relaxation massage therapies are an effective remedy for sleep deprivation for different age groups and patients with various health conditions such as migraines.
3. Less Intense Headaches : Are you tired of painkillers and breathing exercises that are supposed to help with headaches? Lucky you there is another more effective and pleasant way of reducing headaches. Yes, you guessed it right – relaxation massage therapy. In some cases, headache comes from tension and as we already know massage equals to relaxation and naturally drops the tension level of your body so, your headache goes away.
4. Mental Health :- Last but not least, relaxation massage therapies help with different aspects of mental health from depression and anxiety to self-esteem. It is not only the physical tension that relaxation massage reduces, there is also a lot of emotional burden that we can get rid of. Being loose for an hour helps gain clarity and new perspectives. Relaxation massage is a passive way of meditating. You don’t necessarily have to control your breathing or make an effort to shut off your brain for a while. This “off-mode” helps release the bad energy and let go of stress, anger and anxiety.
Massage therapy is a simple and effective way to improve physical and mental health. Sessions typically last from 15 to 90 minutes. There are many different types of therapeutic massage, some of which include.
Swedish massage – a classic form of massage that relaxes tense muscles and improves blood circulation. The skin and muscles in affected areas are gently stroked, kneaded, rubbed, tapped, and vibrated.
Manipulation – ligaments, tendons, and muscles are massaged, stretched, and moved to improve mobility and to relieve pain. It is often done in combination with physical therapy techniques.
Mobilization – focuses on moving the spine, joints, and muscles in the body to improve mobility, relax muscles, and improve posture. Like manipulation, it is done with physical therapy techniques.
Connective tissue massage – treats illnesses by relieving tension in connective tissue, which connects organs, muscles, and nerves together.
Deep tissue massage – treats the deeper layers of muscle by applying strong pressure to muscles and tendons.
Myofascial (trigger point) massage – pressure is specifically applied to pain-triggering points that are oversensitive, tense muscle tissue and adhesions of connective tissue. The idea of trigger points is controversial and myofascial massage may not be consistently effective.
Chinese traditional massage – moderate pressure is applied to certain acupoints of the body using rotating movements with fingertips; often done in combination with acupuncture.
Shiatsu massage – a Japanese form of trigger point massage therapy that uses thumbs to massage acupuncture points.
Manual lymphatic drainage – encourages natural drainage of waste products from the lymph nodes.
Thai massage – involves stretching and pulling the limbs and applying strong, rhythmical pressure to the body with hands, elbows, knees, or feet. Focuses on manipulating “energy lines” (similar to acupuncture meridians) that run throughout the body to treat illnesses.
Ayurvedic massage – a traditional form of Indian medicine that involves gently massaging the body using rhythmical stroking movements and herbal oils.
Tantric massage – a type of massage that uses sexual energy to achieve a higher state of consciousness by using specific sensual touches. Produces the feelings of well-being and deep relaxation.
In the last, The benefits of regular relaxation massage therapies don’t start and end with these five. Try it on yourself and increase the quality of your life.
Best Spa & salon for massage in Bhopal
- Shine Spa & Beauty Salon, Bhopal
- Ozana Spa, MP Nagar, Bhopal
- Divine Family Saloon And Spa, Hoshangabad, Bhopal
- Polish Beauty Salon & Spa, New market, Bhopal
- AMENITY SPA AND SALOON, Arera Hills, Bhopal
- Rosberry The Wellness Hub, Chunabhatti, Bhopal
- Royal Spa And Salon. MP Nagar, Bhopal
- Kottakkal Ayurvedic Panchakarma, Habibganj, Bhopal
- Imperial Family Spa and Salon, Kolar Road, Bhopal